Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why, Hello....Have we met before?

Oh my! When I look at the date of my last post, I cringe....I really fell off the old blogging band wagon. It happened not out of lack of interest, but out of a sheer loss of control over any "free time" I possibly came in possession of over the last 15 months!
The Vastola household has changed a lot since last June, why don't I fill you in quickly...Shortly after my last post Jeremy and I decided to try for baby #2, well that didn't take very long! I was pregnant by the end of July and the Lord blessed us with a BEAUTIFUL baby boy, Logan Tyler Vastola on March 13, 2010!! That's not the only thing that has kept us busy since then...Jeremy graduated from EMT school in October and received his firefighting certifications in February. This was a HUGE blessing because his school and extra time volunteering took a lot of time away from Katelyn and I, my pregnancy with Logan was interesting to say the least when most of the time Jeremy was wrapped up in studying for something! Little did we know that the busyness of school and firefighting training was nothing compared to what God had in store for us!!
On March 8, 2010 Jeremy accepted a job with Puckett EMS, which was an answer to prayer as Jeremy's construction business had almost come to a complete halt! The frightening thing was that his 1st day of work was March 15...the day we brought Logan home from the hospital!! Needless to say, I was thrown into a world of single parenting every 3rd day immediately. As of August 15th, Jeremy has been working for Rural Metro in Roswell, which has been a much better fit for our family. I'm not going to bore you with any more details...all I will say is that the Lord has really been doing a work in Jeremy and I individually, as a couple and as a family.
Another BIG thing that has occurred since our last "visit" is, we left our church home of 4+ years and have found a new church family that is much closer to home and has just felt like home since our first Sunday! Revolution Church is in Canton and is just taking off....it's very exciting to see everything that the Lord is doing there....so glad and thankful to get to be a part of it!

I am so looking forward to being able to update you all on our "Happenings in Harmony" more regularly!! Katelyn and Logan are both at a place where my nights are now my own again, and being a mom of two has definitely lost it's "newness" and all of the craziness that comes along with it! I'm gonna leave you with a few pics from the last 15 months...enjoy!!

My sister Melanie took photos of K and L while she was in the states in April...Logan was 1 month and Katelyn was 22 months. K has been such a wonderful BIG "sissy" to her "bubba"!



Yes, this is my 2 yr. old at her 2nd Birthday....I know she looks about 13...she is such a little woman! She had a pool party b/c she absolutely LOVES to swim...it was a wonderful day! You can see her "Chi-Chi" in the background...one of the highlights in Katelyn's week is dinner with Chi-Chi and Toe-Toe at Buffalo's! (They are Jeremy's grandparents.) How cool is it that she gets to spend so much time with her great-grands?! We are so happy they are able to see our children grow!


Don't I have adorable kids?! I have no idea how that happened!!
Seriously, I think it's fun that J and I have mini me's in our house...
I LOVE being a mommy!






We were so glad to go to the beach atleast once this year...we visited Myrtle Beach for the 1st time, well Litchfield Beach and really enjoyed it....I'm glad I made sure my children and husband looked good for this pic, too bad in this pic I'm wearing day old makeup and my hair is nappy from waking up only 40 mins. before hand!! Ugh!


Katelyn started a 2 day Preschool Program this year! It's been GREAT for her and it's been really nice to have one on one time with my Lil' Man!! This was her saying "Hi Daddy"...unfortunately this is a day Jeremy had to miss.

Isn't Logan such a cutie?! He is 6 mo. old in this pic and it's the day before his first 2 teeth came through! He is getting so big, I can hardly believe it!! I know, I know....he is a little Jeremy!!

I'm so glad I got back into the saddle of blogging....I will not allow another 15 months go by...here's to the "Happenings" to come and letting you all in on them!!


No comments: