Monday, October 25, 2010

Revolution Church

In August we started going to a new church, Revolution Church in Canton. We had been attending and were members of Johnson Ferry Baptist Church in Marietta for over 4 years. We enjoyed Pastor Bryant Wright so much and had made some good friends as well! Unfortunately, living 40+minutes away and adding child #2 made it very difficult to stay involved. Jeremy and I talked about looking for a new church when Katelyn was a baby, but driving back and forth with a baby didn't feel like such a big deal back then. As Katelyn grew and the reality of Logan set in, I knew that realistically driving back and forth every Sunday and atleast one other day a week for biblestudy would not work. I also began longing for Katelyn to have Church friends that lived close and would most likely go to school with her in a few years. Once Logan was born and Jeremy started his new 24/48 schedule, we stopped going to JF or anywhere....after 5 months of no "community" I told Jeremy it was time for us to bite the bullet.

I have to be honest when I say that the thought of visiting new churches and finding a new church home scared me and annoyed me all at the same time. What I mean is, Jeremy and I were so lucky to grow up at Fellowship Bible Church. I think in my overly romanticised mind I thought that I would always go to FBC...I remember imagining being married and having a family that attended FBC when I was young. I don't doubt that this could have been true, but FBC became broken when I was in highschool, and it shattered when I was in College...all because people put their faith in a man, not God. This really shook my world and I didn't even realize it until the first few times Jeremy and I visited JF. Bryant is such a wonderful teacher...easy to listen to and he knows the word and the Lord speaks truth through him every week. I vividly remember sitting in parking lot traffic, telling Jeremy how afraid I was about getting plugged in at JF and the same thing happening there that happened at FBC. After weeks, months really praying about it, the Lord gave me peace that even if the same thing happened He would be there to redeem it, just as he was at FBC. Today, FBC is a new church, not like when I was a child, but still a wonderful bible teaching, God loving place with an awesome new pastor in Crawford Loritts.

Fast Forward to August....we had known about Revolution for years b/c of our neighbors. I was hesitant to visit...what if we didn't like it? I didn't want to offend our good friends!! Well, J and I decided to go their first since we would know atleast some people...and I am so glad we did. It took hearing Jason, the pastor a few times, but I could tell he knew the word. He is a very talented teacher and the Lord quickly put my heart at ease.

Revolution was broken too(completely different situation than with FBC), but the Lord is healing it and has brought Jason to lead the church in it's recovery and new life. I am so excited that we are apart of this! I am most excited b/c Rev reminds me of FBC when I was a child....and I am so pumped for Katelyn and Logan! I have prayed that they would be able to experience the same wonderful Christ-filled Community as Jeremy and I and I can see the Lord answering!

Through all of the twists and turns my church life has taken He has been faithful and I know that he will continue to be...."And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." (Phillipians 1:6 ESV) Praise Him!! How awesome is it that even when we mess up or a church becomes divided that He is always holding us and refining His creation, for to Him be all the GLORY!!

I hope you all have a Church you call home and if you don't and live near Canton come to Revolution!! I cannot wait to see the way God uses Rev and our family in continuing to impact this community and His kingdom...b/c that's what it's all about!!

No comments: