Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hayrides and "Punka's"


I thought I would draw ya'll in with a cute pic of Logan...I know, I'm a little desperate...but don't you think he is adorable?!! We're startin' him early with the football...or "shoeball" if you ask Katelyn! I definitely think he could be KSU's quarterback in 2028!! His daddy is an Owl!

Anyway, this month has been full of fun things, traditions and new experiences! I just LOVE this season and I only hope my children grow to love it just as much! Lord knows I will do everything in my power to make sure they enjoy the autumn traditions just as much as Jeremy and I!

The first Thursday of this month Katelyn's Preeschool had a Fall Festival where the children got to go on a hayride and then pick a pumpkin to take home! I am so thankful that I am a stay at home mom and get to experience these firsts along with her! It was so much fun!! Katelyn loved the hayride and she was hilarious when picking out her pumpkin...or punka as she refers to them. I love where we live, it's close to everything, but still out in the country, so the land is just beautiful! Mt. Zion Baptist Church, where Katelyn goes to school has such beautiful property....the hayride was about 10 minutes long and it took us through beautiful woods and hilly pastures! It was better than any other hayride I think I have ever been on! I enjoyed getting to meet some other moms and watch Katelyn interact with her classmates! I also liked seeing how much Katelyn enjoys her teachers and they enjoy her!


That first weekend Jeremy and I took the kids to the Apple Festival in Ellijay! This is one thing Jeremy and I have done since we dated and we really love it! We used to go to the Apple Orchard and get our apples and then to the fair, but this year Jeremy wanted to just go the fair...it worked out wonderfully, b/c it's a long day already for two little ones! Every year we bring home such fun "fall" treats....we love the apple cinnamon doughnuts and apple cinnamon bread, pumpkin bread and apple cider....and of course apples-we love Stayman Winesap and Pink Ladies. Katelyn and Logan were such troopers riding in the wagon...all day!

Then, last weekend we went to good ole' Berry Patch Farms to go on another hayride as a family and pick out punka's to carve!! I really enjoy Berry Patch b/c it is not only close, but it is where my family went when I was a child...not only during October, but also during the spring and summer to get blackberries and then blueberries! This is another thing about where we live that I just love....we are in the suburbs, but while at Berry Patch, it doesn't seem like that at all!! I am so thankful I get to make the same memories with Katelyn and Logan! It was fun watching Logan take in all the orange and he was so cute grabbing onto each pumpkin stem! Katelyn was just so excited to be free to run around all the punka's and as far as the hayride, she was in heaven....always screeching with delight as we went bumpity bump!


This past week after Katelyn got home from school on Thursday we made the drive back up to Ellijay, this time to enjoy another tradition Jeremy and I started while we were dating, but my family did when I was a child as well...and that is eating at Colonel Poole's!! It is by far the best bbq ever and even if you don't like bbq, you should just go once to take in all of the pig memorabilia!! We usually do this the same day as the festival, but this year we decided to break it up and it worked out great!! I think we are gonna do it like this again...it gave us an excuse to take a mid week break and enjoy each other away from home for a little while and we got to go to the orchards and get more apples!! Katelyn loved the bbq...last year we got her a hot dog and Logan was just drooling and wishing he could have some too-next year for sure!

Well, I told you this month has been packed!! It's not over either...Katelyn has her first set of school pictures this coming week and her first class party! I'm excited for her and will definitely take pics and tell ya'll everything about it next weekend!
I hope this season is stirring in you the way it is me....the glory of God just shines in the mountains this time of year with all the magnificent colors and I am in such awe of Him!! So glad I get to share my heart and our happenings! Hope ya'll have a happy fall!!

1 comment:

Vastola Family said...

don't know why the dates and time are messed up...will try to fix this!!