Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Oh the Places You'll Go!"


We had a very exciting evening in the Vastola home today! I just had to share it because it was such an incredible experience!
Every night after Katelyn gets in her pj's and before she eats her last meal of the day, we have playtime in her room. Now, this is a new addition to her daily routine as of the last two weeks because she is sitting all on her own now!! Anyway, we were having playtime, which until tonight consisted of me showing her toys, while she stared at them with her beautiful blue eyes and tried holding them...well, tonight I was showing her the Fisher Price Ring Tower, you know the one, it has five different colored rings that stack up one on top of the other...I think every child within the last 25 years probably had this toy. Well, tonight as I was showing Katelyn the different colors and taking each ring off the tower and then replacing each one, she began to get really excited! I decided to sit back and watch what she would do and all of a sudden Katelyn reached out for the tower, knocked it over and began hitting each ring off of the tower!! I was so excited! I still I am...I'm a mom, what can I say?!
I know it doesn't sound too exciting but to watch my daughter began to understand how that particular toy functioned was an absolute joy! It brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't help but begin to think about God-how awesome is He!!
It never ceases to amaze me, all the things the Lord reveals to me on a daily basis through and because of Katelyn and this moment was one of those times. God formed Katelyn with His own hands, He fashioned her hands, feet, eyes and nose...He chose who she would most resemble...but most importantly, for this particular milestone, He developed her mind. It blows me away!...I could not help but be reminded of Psalm 139:13-16 which says:
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
God is so good!! I really treasure moments like these and I couldn't let this one go unshared...I hope each one of you know how incredible you are, because the Creator of the Universe made you...and not just that, He knows you-everything about you...even the little things like when you learn how a toy works!!

No comments: