Monday, November 17, 2008

Katelyn's Dedication


Yesterday Jeremy and I dedicated Katelyn to the Lord! Actually, we dedicated ourselves to raising her in a Christ-filled home and I couldn't help but think back to the day she was born...it's been 5 months and 13 days since that wonderful June night. That was the day, June 4,2008 when Jeremy and I really dedicated Katelyn to the Lord, and I don't think I could honestly say that if we had not gone through her being in the NICU the first 6 days of her precious life. The experience of not being able to hold my daughter until 12 hours after her birth was one I would not change for anything, because through that I learned very quickly that Katelyn does not belong to Jeremy and I, she belongs to the Lord! I would like to think that if we had been able to have the normal labor/delivery experience that I would have learned the same lesson before leaving the hospital, but I don't think I would have and I am so thankful that God gave me that freedom in the beginning of my life as a mother.
In preparing for Katelyn's dedication service, Jeremy and I chose a life verse for Katelyn that we have made a daily prayer. It is Philippians 1:9-11 and I not only love these verses but the entire book, because it is Paul's letter of joy. Each chapter Paul writes to the Philippians to have joy in different circumstances; 1-Joy in suffering, 2-Joy in serving, 3-Joy in believing, 4-Joy in giving..."Rejoice in the Lord always"! I feel like this is such a wonderful synopsis of everything the Lord has been doing in Mine and Jeremy's life since June.
I have been wanting to blog about our family and life for awhile now, and I am so glad I am finally doing it. I desire for this to not only give you a glimpse into the daily happenings in our family, but more so into all the things God is continually doing in our lives.
I want to finish this post by leaving you with the words Paul penned in his letter to the Philippians, that we have dedicated to praying daily for Katelyn because I want you all to know, that I pray this for each one of you.
"This is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She looks so beautiful in her little outfit -- thanks for sharing your thoughts as a mom - it's an encouragement!